Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Five Images







I don't just watch scary movies. As a matter of fact I have been trying to find classic spy movies. I have found a few good ones. These are mostly comedy and thriller classics, but I wanted to let you know encase you get into the mood I did. Fathom with Raquel Welch was fun and exciting. She was a female James Bond. Another one with a pretty face and fun thrilling action was Caprice with Doris Day. I always thought she played in movies that percieved her as a bumbling blond. In Caprice she was still a bumbling blond, but she was also a cunning spy. Audrey Hepburn was also a sneaky theif / spy with Peter O'Toole in How to Steal A Million. This was a good movie, both stars are young and beautiful, also I can't think of anything that quite compares to it today. The last two have a small series of movies to watch. If you like Dean Martin as a spy and not a music man, the Silencers is one of four to the series. Lastly, The Thin Man, with William Powell and Myrna Loy also with four to the series and all good. The Thin Man is in black and white, I realize some people may not like this. The last two series also have lots of drinking involved, so if you are a heavy drinker and trying to stay off the sauce, these two movies may not be the best for you.




No comments:

Post a Comment