Monday, February 22, 2010

Re: Television: single service; Internet: multiple services

I completely agree with Larry Press on this one. There is too much differentiating between information services like Internet and Television. Being somewhat older as I am I was surprised that the phone still costs money even when someone else calls me, years ago that was free. I admit I don’t understand the whole thing. To me it seems as if air should be free.
I am a full time student in college and feel I need some way of getting onto the internet for my studies, but of course it is much too expensive. The comparisons of water and gas should hopefully get people worried enough to do something about it.
At this time I am currently choosing between cable Internet and DSL. Cable Internet on one hand is a little faster, but on the other hand it doesn’t slow down from 7 to 10:00 at night, while they both seem to accomplish mainly the same things.
Within our class outline the post would fit under technology and on my part it would fit all skills and concepts.

The information-service business model is costing us dearly
A Larry Press Post, dated Tuesday, June 09, 2009
http://cis471.blogspot.com/2009/06/information-service-business-model-is.html

No comments:

Post a Comment